In any organization, recruitment is one of the most important responsibilities of the HR department. There are multiple recruitment teams that handle the entire recruitment process from identifying the requirement to bringing the most appropriate and productive candidate on board. However, with changing times and technological advancement, recruitment processes have now been digitized and automated by the use of recruiting software.
No matter what the size, every organization today depends more or less on recruitment software to enhance and improve their resource pool, based on their requirement. While this has more or less become the trend, it is necessary to understand what recruitment software is after all and why agencies need one to remain on top of the game.
- What is a recruitment software?
- Why do you need a recruitment software ?
- How does a recruitment software work?
What is recruitment software?
Recruitment software is a bouquet of software tools that can be customized and used to complete a seamless, end-to-end hiring process. Mostly in vogue since 1990 and gradually upgrading with more and more features and functions, recruitment software has replaced manual hiring methods in recent times. What is notable is that the better the software features, the brighter are the chances of the company getting niche resources and surging forward towards achieving their objectives. Good recruitment software should be able to automate the processes of:
- Sourcing and promoting open positions in an organization, as soon as they are created, through various channels that now form a mesh through the integration of various social and communication apps
- Collecting, parsing, screening, and rejecting/pushing CVs to the next level
- Tracking an applicant from the start till on-boarding through a workflow that includes background checks, interviews, necessary documentation, and on-boarding
- Keeping a track of the open positions created and filled, various job roles, levels, resource pools, number of successful hiring etc. to maintain an analytics database
- Conducting assessments (personality and skills) and validating references for candidates, if needed
- Successfully on-boarding, completing joining formalities and training fresh recruits
In a world where a vacant position in any organization takes an average of 1.5 months to fill up with the best possible candidate, the competition to recruit qualified and competent talent has never been so extreme. To stay relevant and in the race, every organization needs to understand the true potential of a recruiting software.
Why do you need recruitment software?
- Embracing Automation with a Recruitment Software
- Increasing candidate pool and diversity with a recruiting software
- Automatic validation of documents through recruitment software
- Automated assessment and interview scheduling with recruiting software
- Positive Employee experience through recruitment software
For a small to medium business agency, using recruitment software could be the gateway to expansion. In a technologically driven fast-paced world, there is little scope to get ahead of competitors if you fail to keep up and continue to follow traditional and manual processes of recruitment that are time and resource heavy. Recruitment software can shift the entire process to an automatic mode and at the same time track each and every opportunity and candidate from start to finish, saving time and effort.
Devices are now a gateway to the world. With the growing spread of the World Wide Web, it has become easier to reach out to a more qualified and experienced resource pool to find more suitable candidates. Software-based hiring has also made the process less biased concentrating on skill sets rather than gender, race, picture, or even familiarity.
Earlier, all document verifications and database entries needed to be done manually, which meant higher likelihood of errors. The automatic technology-driven validation process makes the process less error-prone. It has also helped speed up the processes with clear visibility of the various stages.
A software can help check the skill level or the candidate vis-a-vis the requirement and arrange or schedule assessments if necessary. Thereafter, it is instrumental in scheduling interview rounds. Any change in the dates or times is informed to all the concerned parties, thereby avoiding harassment and saving time.
Switching to a recruitment software viz. a viz. manual processes has been found to improve candidate experience during the recruitment process. With automated workflows, interviews, assessments etc., the processes have become far more efficient and streamlined. Auto-triggers informing of any changes help candidates adjust their schedules. Chatbots have also found to be much appreciated by job seekers.
How Does Recruitment Software Work?
- A recruitment report with an open job position is fed into the system or generated based on organizational database and other KPIs.
- The existing talent pool is analyzed for the skill set needed for the open position.
- Auto-trigger then pushes the requirement internally as well as across social communication and recruitment sites.
- Automatic forms available on the software can be filled up by interested candidates along with their CVs through online portals.
- After initial screening by the software as per set algorithms, CVs are forwarded for the next round of screening and assessment as per skills matching.
- Clearing of assessment will flag the respective candidates for scheduled interviews. Throughout this time, the Applicant Tracking System tracks the candidate and provides the necessary support to both recruiters and candidates. Applicant tracking systems also collect and store resumes in a database for hiring professionals to access. Resumes may also be stored long after the original job you applied for is filled.
- Interview results along with pointers and necessary documentation needed are generated from the reports, which then ensure proper document checking and other validations are successfully completed.
- Once all formalities are done, the software ensures that the onboarding is completed and the candidate is comfortably placed in the necessary position.
While recruitment software carries out recruitment through this end-to-end workflow, it also maintains necessary databases for future hiring and frees up the time of HR department to pursue more productive actions for the organization. With several leading recruitment software in the market, it is your prerogative to analyze and go for the one that suits your organization the best, thereby gearing you up for the best results.